• PRE-EMPTIVE PEARL?

    The Pittsburgh Steelers backfield didn’t quite work out the way I envisioned it would. Willie Parker did get hurt as expected but the emergence of Rashard Mendenhall has been impressive. Which has given Mewelde Moore limited opportunities.

    I’ve come to realize that it doesn’t seem likely that I’ll be running the player personnel of any NFL team in the foreseeable future. Although I do believe I’d have a shot at doing so with the Raiders organization. If I so desired. But who would want to do that to themselves? My career would certainly end up in the graveyard. Then I’d have to seek therapy to deal with my Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome!

    Enough of my jackass talk. BenJarvus Green-Ellis. You picking up what I’m putting down people? I would assume no unless you are an avid Patriots fan? He entered the season last on the New England Patriots depth chart. But with injuries to Fred Taylor and Sammy Morris his stock has quietly risen. Laurence Maroney should remain the featured back provided he doesn’t get injured or runs the way he so often has in his short career. I’m going to keep a keen eye on BenJarvus Green-Ellis over the course of the next two weeks in particular. Should something happen to Maroney or the Patriots start blowing out their opponents he will get a nice workload. Green-Ellis may have some value patch work wise if you play in a league that consists of 14 or more teams and you have bye week or injury problems. Consider him a desperate pick up at this point but one that may be worth keeping an eye on in the near future.

0 comments:

Leave a Reply

Featured Video

Photos