• From A Packer Fan: A Letter To Brett Favre

    Dear Brett Favre,

    First off I want to say thank you. Yourself, Reggie White, Mike Holmgren, and Ron Wolff gave me something that many fans will never have. A Super Bowl victory. I figure I was really about six years old when I remember caring about the Packers. I watched through 17 years of pretty much 8-8 seasons and very little hope of ever seeing the team in the big game. I was actually super excited about Don Majkowski. A new quarterback, someone who wasn't a failed draft choice. Nothing against Lynn Dicky, or David Whitehurst, but the "Majik Man" gave us playoff hope. Then he went down, and they put you in. We all know the rest of the story.

    Playoff games, respect, the feeling of what it must have been like to see the great Lombardi teams. No longer was the Packer highlight reel capped off with Bart Star crossing the one in the Ice Bowl. We were for real, Lambeau Field was restored as hallowed ground, and a damn tough place to get a win. You embraced the weather, something we are all proud of in Wisconsin, and you used it to win. You started every game no matter if you were hurt, sick, or tired. You did everything that was asked of you, and we were more than happy to pay you what you wanted.

    Again Thank You.

    Now we all saw the first meeting against the Vikings. The shot of you walking up to the line against the Green Bay defense was "surreal" as Mike Tirico pointed out. I am not even going to discuss the Jets or any of the nonsense about coming back or not coming back. You are now a Viking.

    My disdain for the Vikings has always been the same. I will not travel through the Minneapolis Airport because it is in Viking country. Minnesota may be the land of 10,000 lakes, but I won't fish in any of them. I relish in the fact that the Viking have lost 4 Superbowls. My kids really don't ever wear purple and NEVER with yellow. Did I mention I hate the Vikings?

    So Mr. Favre, when you come out of that tunnel, I am going to boo you. When our defense sacks you, I am going to cheer and yell primal screams, and when Charles Woodson pick sixes you I will probably loose my mind in delight! I can not root for you, nor can I say how great you ARE. You are a Viking.

    So again I thank you for everything you WERE and DID for Green Bay. I praise you for what you DID for me, my friends, and the state of Wisconsin. However on Sunday, and going forward, YOU SUCK AND THE VIKINGS SUCK, and I hope you loose the rest of your games and finish out of the playoffs.

    Go Packers,

    A Packer Fan

    PS When we retire your number at Lambeau Field, I will cheer the loudest along with all of the other great fans in Green Bay!

0 comments:

Leave a Reply

Featured Video

Photos